Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Permanent Address


We have moved again, but now we are here to stay. We moved into our new home at the end of July, but due to the Verizon strike we just got the internet today, and not with Verizon!

I am completely in love with this house and this neighborhood. Our house backs up to a forrest, which backs up to a beautiful lake. So far we have seen in our backyard: deer, lots of birds including cardinals, an Azure and Monarch butterflies, salamanders, toads, a groundhog, black squirrels, chipmunks, and at the lake we have seen turtles and cranes. The neighbors are amazing, and bring food when they come to introduce themselves. And, unlike our last house, our new house is not in the flight path!





The study, still a work in progress. I got the chairs from a Borders going out of business sale, and upholstered them with my Mom's help. The second chair is almost finished, I will post before/after pictures later.





I have lots of projects, but this is one of my favorites! I built a locker shelf a few months ago, which fit perfectly in the mud room, except that it blocks the door of the closet. So I cut a hole in the wall and created this laundry station. I still need to label the baskets with names, and paint the wood.

2 comments:

LJABandC said...

it's gorgeous! can't wait to see more! now you should come build me some lockers.

lnkmom said...

Beautiful!!!! I love your brick path to the front door! Your yard sounds wonderful too!

Did you buy it? And will you send me an email with the new address?!