Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother Dear I love you so...


Dear Mom,


This year for Mother's Day I have decided to issue a public apology for my bad behavior. So here goes:

1. I am sorry for that incident at McDonald's when I was 4, rest assure karma has repaid me for this one, but sorry none the less. You deserve serious props for ever going back!



2. Sorry for sneaking that special "china doll" out and breaking the foot, when you told me not to. Thanks for not getting mad.


3. Sorry for hitting you with a yard stick when I played teacher. I hope you understand that I had to be tough to be taken seriously.

4. When I was 10 I was sure that my being born was an evil plot for you to get out of doing the dishes. I see now that my theory was wrong on so many levels! Sorry.

5. Sorry if I made you nervous when I jumped off cliffs head first (with a harness of course).



6. Sorry for walking away any time you offered your advice when shopping. I see now that I was not as chic as I imagined. The pictures of you in the 70's (and me in the 80's) are added proof that you were way more stylish than I ever gave you credit for.

7. Sorry for the loud angry teenager music.

8. Sorry for the loud angry teenage years.

9. Sorry for that bent window screen.

10. And I am sorry for all the restless nights, the fingerprints, the "accidents", the spills, the broken glasses, the broken curfews, and for all that eye rolling.

Thank you letting me do my own hair, and letting me wear mismatching socks when I thought it was cool. Thanks for the homemade costumes, and the homemade dresses (even the matching ones). Thank you for being at my dance recitals (even when it became clear that I was not made to dance). Thanks for making me take piano lessons. Thanks for going along with my "asthma" attack when I was scared to death at my new school. Thanks for breaking up Tylenol with sugar water in the middle of the night when I was clearly old enough to swallow a pill. Thanks for loving me when I was the most unlovable.

Mother Dear, I love you so.


Have a Happy Mother's Day, you deserve it!

1 comment:

Annette said...

THANK YOU AMY YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL TODAY, EVEN AS YOU WERE THEN. I LOVE YOU SO.
YOU MAKE MY DAY
THANK YOU, MOM