Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Can't help but love a toddler!


Peter Story #1

After preschool today we were eating lunch when Peter asked: "Mom, can I have a pet Dinosaur?"

Me: "Sorry Peter, but Dinosaurs are extinct."

We have covered the whole extinct thing many times, Abby thinks it is hilarious that dinosaurs "a stink" as she plugs her nose.

So I covered it again, and finally said, "...the dinosaurs all died."

Peter said: "Oh...," paused, looked a little sad, then with renewed hope said: "...I know, we can ask Jesus if he can create them again."

me: "uhmm...that sounds like a great plan."



Peter story #2

Our babysitter told me this story about Peter a few weeks ago.

Peter and Abby were very proudly showing Rachel their belly buttons. Peter asked Rachel if he could see her belly button. She told him that she didn't have one. He was very concerned then asked, "Oh, is that because your not married?"

Funny, funny Peter!


Now Miss Do:

Abby has become quite sweet and lovable lately. She likes to say, "I cute a butt'n" (I am cute as a button).
Here is her personal arrangement of "Twinkle, Twinkle" and what she call "teach me, guide me, find the way" She loves to sing this version of "I am a child of God" over and over again.


video

Sorry for the dark video. Yes, Abby is now calling her baby "Sister", and no that is not an announcement. Also Peter is playing with the night light through the child proof twisty light switches. Peter and Abby are able to bypass all childproofing measures, so now I guess we just watch and pray for their safety.

4 comments:

LJAandB said...

I love the things that kids say, there are no secrets. So maybe you should be concerned about what Peter tells you that she doesn't repeat!

MaryLee said...

So darling. The sweet faith of little children is so refreshing. Little Abby is so cute. It is interesting to hear the results of their thinking. Thank you so very much. (Some Aukun Charan)!!

Tammy said...

I love the stories about dinosaurs. It seemed like just yesterday that Mike was talking about them. Now he is a senior in high school. They grow up so fast! Enjoy them.

Jennifer Hales said...

Go Bucks!