Sunday, April 20, 2008

Things I wish I didn't have to tell my children

Diaper cream is not for finger painting.
Don't drink cologne.
We don't drink out of the toilet.
Don't chew on the coffee table.
We don't poop in the bathtub.
We don't take things out of the garbage can.
We don't make soup with cough drops.
Bellies are not for paintings.
We never smear our poop on anything.

I can't really decide whether these are things I wish I didn't have to say, or whether these are things I wish I would have said earlier. Pictures to follow...

4 comments:

lnkmom said...

Wow, the weekend was THAT good, hugh? I can't wait to see some pics of diaper cream finger painting! (I hope that's what you took the pics of!)

Jennifer Hales said...

You are so funny. I can't wait to see photos.

Lori Wallace said...

That is so funny! I know I have said at least two of these thing. I love it.

Happynings said...

Good to hear from you. Sounds like motherhood is wonderful. I don't remember the article that Jared shared with you, but I can tell it was impressionable. Obviously it provoked some emotion...true to Jared's form. And I appreciate the recognition about digital scrap booking. I vaguely remember a heated discussion about the matter. Have you heard about being able to publish your blog in book form?...for all those that need to touch the pictures.